Nintendgen.com has reported interesting details from Nintendo Power on how the Wii U version of Assassin’s Creed 3 will use the tablet controller during gameplay.
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Assassin’s Creed 3 will sneak into stores on October 30th 2012 for the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
The Wii U version could see a release window of Christmas 2012.